All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
This impressive Glenview home was built in 1922 and offers a perfect blend of vintage details and contemporary finishes throughout. A chic ADU/cottage adds versatile living space. In the main house, a bright two bedroom, one bath floorplan includes formal rooms with handsome crown molding, pristine hardwood floors and a spacious remodeled kitchen with an adjoining dining deck that overlooks a level landscaped yard. The ADU provides an additional bedroom, bath and full kitchen with modern features for the ideal guest quarters or deluxe home office. Partially finished basement with an extra bedroom and bath. Great location with optimal access to transportation; the V bus for easy SF commutes and casual carpool. A two block stroll to popular dining spots and coveted amenities in Glenview.
- SELLER IMPROVEMENTS -
Main House - Exterior
- 2021 - New exterior paint
- 2021 - New landscaping, lawn & irrigation system
- 2020 - Planted two crape myrtle trees at frontage
- 2019 - Installed central air conditioning
- 2019 - Installed 220V electric vehicle charging station
Main House – Interior
- 2021 - Hardwood floors refinished
- 2021 - New interior paint
- 2021 - New interior lighting
- 2021 - New faucet hardware in kitchen & baths
- 2018 - Installed custom blinds throughout house
- 2018 - Installed stackable washer/dryer in kitchen
- 2021 - New interior paint
- 2019 - New carpet in bedroom
ADU (all work done in late 2018/early 2019)
- Obtained Certificate of Occupancy from City of Oakland
- Installed energy-efficient mini-split heater/AC
- Installed brand new copper plumbing
- Installed new electrical subpanel and arc-fault protected all circuits inside
- Added closet to bedroom
- Extended waterproofing around structure
- Replaced gas line from main house to ADU
- Fire-rated bedroom wall on property line
- Added insulation in attic and in bedroom wall on property line
- Installed new attic vent
Glenview at a Glance
Situated in the Oakland foothills, Glenview is a small residential neighborhood full of single family bungalows and traditionally styled dwellings dating back to the 1920s and 30s. Located in the heart of the city, its arterial road, Park Boulevard, connects Highways 13 and 580. Park Blvd. marks the path that fallen redwoods took to the lumberyards over a century ago, and along which ranchers drove their carts before the first crop of tract bungalows sprung up in the early 1900s.
In 2021, a century after the area went from wilderness to subdivision, the Glenview business district thrives. Most of the businesses in Glenview are mom-and-pop shops and include a market and several salons. Fine restaurants, retail services, parks and friendly residents make this community a great place to call home. Diablo Magazine called it Oakland’s Gourmet Ghetto, given the unlikely find of several great restaurants in one suburban block. Bellanico, Marzano, Sushi Park and Paulista often cater to standing room crowds.
Glenview is highly desirable for the walk-ability to shops, dining and coffee; it’s proximity to both 580 and Highway 13 and casual car-pool to San Francisco. The V line bus that stops on Park Blvd and zips you non-stop to SF! The V line is comfortable and is equipped with wifi.
The profile of residents in Glenview is diverse. Senior homeowners, professional singles, couples, young families, and San Francisco transplants. Buyers who seek homes with a yard, but who don’t want to give up the “walk to” aspect find the perfect mix in this neighborhood.
Glenview’s ideal proximity in the Oakland Hills affords its residents optimal East Bay weather conditions with lots of sunshine and little fog. Those who are downsizing from a larger home are taking advantage of the benefit of a ‘walking neighborhood’ without the Rockridge price points. There is a binding sense of community and pride of place in Glenview, demonstrated by a strong neighborhood association and annual block parties.
Glenview has several churches and a synagogue. Glenview Elementary and Edna Brewer Middle School are highly rated and boast top scores in the Oakland Unified School District. Glenview Elementary has undergone a complete renovation and reopened earlier this year. Twelve-acre Dimond Park runs along Glenview's eastern side, with oak and redwood trees populating the green space. Amenities include picnic areas, playgrounds, and a swimming pool.